Aging takes a toll on everybody with the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, smile creases, and many more skin problems. These issues are mainly due to the years of expressions like smiling, laughing, frowning, and squinting regularly. Other external contributors include damage from the sun, smoking, drugs and not having enough water. Traditionally there were only surgical methods of treatment available and many people would not opt for them due to the idea of going under the knife and prolonged downtimes. But With further advancements in aesthetic medicine, other minimally invasive treatments can act by targeting the muscles, which are the root cause of the issue. A neuromodulator is an injectable that is administered beneath the skin surface and helps in reducing muscle contractions. Will they be successful in reducing wrinkles and give a youthful skin appearance? Keep reading to know more.
What Are Neuromodulators? How Do They Work?
- Some of the most common signs of aging are developed by the stiffening of muscles as the body ages. You will not find success in reducing these natural aging issues by just following regular exercise and healthy diets. Neuromodulators will target these muscles and relax them causing a reduction in the wrinkles and creases. They work by blocking the signal between the nerve and the associated muscle that causes muscle relaxation. If there is relaxation of the muscle, they will not contract heavily to develop the issues of wrinkles.
- You may think of Neuromodulators as complex terminology, but it is relatively simple. They work proactively to temporarily relax the muscles causing wrinkles and face tension and giving a natural-looking appearance. Under the guidance of expert injectors, they can successfully decrease the appearance of these expression lines for a brief period of some weeks. But as injecting in the wrong places can lead to adverse effects, and numb the wrong muscles, it is suggested to take treatment only from an experienced and skilled injector.
- Botox is a top Botulinum toxin type A neuromodulator along with other types Dysport and Xeomin. The latter two brands are the other forms of Botulinum toxin type A active ingredient to relax the muscles. But due to the difference in the formulation of these types of injectors, there will be a difference in their functionalities and usage on precise issues.
- A qualified and experienced dermatologist and the injector will be able to accurately use the type of injector for individual issues. Dysport and Botox are the two majorly used neuromodulators that are employed heavily in treating wrinkles. Botox is generally used for wrinkles around the eyes, mouth, or near the forehead as it has a less spreading nature and can act precisely. Dysport on the other hand distributes easily to large volumes and hence used in treating larger areas and deep creases around forehead wrinkles.
- Even though they work similarly, the formulations will vary their usage. Another major difference between the two products is the time taken to show the effects after their injection. While Dysport shows the results much faster, results will last for half the time as Botox. Botox will need more time to show the results but will last longer. The injector will analyze your precise skin issues and suggest the best one suited for your requirements.
Are Neuromodulators Safe To Be Used?
There is always some amount of side effects from Neuromodulators similar to all synthetic compounds. But these issues will be minimal and can be managed easily or done by an experienced and qualified injector. They will be aware of all the procedures needed to be done according to the issues and to handle surprises during the treatment. They will advise you with all the necessary instructions to keep the side effects minimal and treat them with optimal aftercare.
Major Benefits Of Neuromodulators:
- Neuromodulators are minimally invasive treatments that induce quick results and have minimal downtimes. The side effects like bruising, swelling, or redness will be minimal when performed by an expert and will fade off within no time. Even the whole procedure will take only a few minutes which makes it ideal for people with a fast lifestyle.
- As the results from this treatment are temporary you can check what could be the right product and amount for your skin and issue, and get the right result for prolonged usage. Whatever may be the product among these neuromodulators, you may have to test it for few initial treatments to get the proper result according to your facial features and expectations. The total number of days for the lasting of these results will depend on the type and number of products used. Dysport will last for lesser days than Botox which will last for around 6 months. But as the results are brief, you do not have to wait for years together to change them if you are not contented with the initial treatment.
- As neuromodulators are widely used across the globe, you will get access to different types of services to treat diverse issues for every individual. You can choose the one according to your budget after consultation with the expert injector.
- These neuromodulators have extra benefits and are not limited only to cosmetics. It has been used for resolving other chronic issues like headaches related to stress, migraine, and other muscle pains. As the neuromodulators block the nerves that send the signals to the brain, they can reduce the pain at muscular levels.
- Whatever may be the issue, it is your primary job to have an initial consultation with an expert injector and know if he is qualified to perform the procedure. A major portion of adverse effects has occurred due to the inexperience of the injectors.
At Reine MedSpa, we are fully equipped to carry minimally invasive cosmetic treatments at your place with all safety protocols. The team is committed to offer customized service and make you look a better version of yourself without any adverse effects.